Friday, September 26, 2008

Golden Week next week!

October 1 is National Day, which is like Independance Day for Americans, celebrating the founding of the People's Republic of China. There seems to be a good chance that we will all be celebrating this one day (j/k-, though possible). Almost the entire country gets a whole week off, and there is an incredible amount of travelling. I expect it to be packed here in Hangzhou, considering its popularity as a tourist destination. My roommate has taken a 30hour train to the tropical climes of the most southern provinces, which makes me jealous, as it looks like paradise, but I have been so busy learning Chinese that I will welcome some time to use for drawing and exploring Hangzhou more. I had not realized that China's Great Canal runs through here, and I look forward to visiting the museum dedicated to it. I think I will also try to make a couple shorter trips, possibly to Suzhou or Nanjing- any recommendations?

No comments: