Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The White Owl Takes Flight

Sometime last week, I muddled through my move from Savannah, Georgia (utter chaos- most people would not try to pack for the biggest move of their life in the final 2 hours before leaving home, let alone attempt to pack AND move half their apartment into storage between 8 and 10am), and flew home to see my dearest mum, Lesley in Minnesota before coming to China. I left Minneapolis early September 1, stopping in Chicago, then hopped on a Korean airlines flight to Seoul, and finally connected to Shanghai, from where I am currently writing. The total travel time was somewhere in the vicinity of a full day, and Chi-town->Seoul was about 13 hours. I am now 13 hours ahead of everyone on the east coast (I think). I highly recommend Korean Air- they put every other flight Ive ever had (international and otherwise) to shame. I flew economy and still got 2 full meals (one with wine!) snacks, drinks every hour I think, a personal entertainment center (with a large selection of movies, music, games, etc) complimentary socks and toothbrush, and the stewardesses all looked like they had just come out of some perfect asian doll-factory.

These are the printed instructions I received with my in-flight Bibimbap (Korean dish). You add the steamed rice, curry paste, and sesame oil to a very tasty vegetable medley (see below).


This is the seating for the flight, and below is a shot of Seoul from the airport window (wish I could have looked around!).

No comments: