Monday, September 22, 2008

Shanghai MOCA: Butterfly Dream

I believe this is Wang Mai's "Exploitation of Works of Nature"- if anyone notices any mistakes in my attributions please let me know, I was writing info down on such a small piece of paper, that I hope I dont get artists/titles mixed up.

This is more traditional in the sense that it is representational, but Cao Jingping's "Sunset, The old summer palace in spring," is undeniably beautiful.
detail from above.
Liang Binbin's "Divorce self from reality and act blindly," exemplifies what I noticed as a strong interest of the Chinese artists in using stainless steel. How do you guys feel about the way it has been hung? It was nice that such a huge, heavy object was slightly swaying in the gallery, but it still seemed as though it was not planned as well as the rest of the piece...

No comments: